9.20.11 – Episode 184 : Crappy Is Where It’s At!
Show Notes – Sarah Jo is back for Tynies, Bossy Bear, Sticky Monster Lab, and much more! Bake up some cinnamon buns and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- Custom Mummy Boy Contest – win a unique purple and silver Mummy Boy figure customized by D-Lux by visiting his sites dluxart.blogspot.com and dlux.bigcartel.com and post a short poem about any of his customs in the contest section on the forum! Deadline is October 19th
- Toy Break Poster – 11″ x 17″ poster featuring art by Charles Marsh (aka Monsterforge) – $5 + $2.50 shipping or $10 + $2.50 shipping for one signed by all four of us including Charles!
- Help Save Big Kev’s Geek Stuff! – as many of you already know, Big Kev’s Geek Stuff had a bit of a set back recently when all of their recording equipment was stolen, brining production of the show to a halt – they are getting together donations for an auction at the end of September to help get the show back up and running
- Mobile Los Angeles Cookies-N-Cream Shop – Cookies-N-Cream is adding a second mobile shop based in Los Angeles that will carry all the items that you can find at the New York mobile shop plus the occasional exclusive
- The Scribe – by Jon-Paul Kaiser & Toy2R – new 5″ Mini Qee debuting in October at New York Comic Con where artist Jon-Paul Kaiser will be signing
- Designer Star Wars Wallpaper – originally created by Super7 owner Brian Flynn, the Imperial Forces wallpaper is now available with a half size roll starting at $75
- Crappy Cat – by Jamungo – don’t forget the Crappy Cat Game, too!
- Kibon & KE – by Sticky Monster Lab – 6″ figures available including the football player with ice cream. sausage guy with back pack, hoodie guy with chick, robot guy with video cassette – limited to 500 pieces each – $65
- Strange Beast Collection Monster Bossy Bear – by David Horvath & Toy2R – 5″ tall vinyl figure – Night Stomp version is exclusive to Tenacious Toys and Kidrobot with only 120 pieces – $35 – pink and blue versions are $20 at Toy2Rusa.com
- Tynies – adorable teeny glass versions of popular characters like Smurfs & Noferin Pecanpals – $3.50 each
- Rayola – by Travis Lampe & Color Ink Book – 14″ plush available in regular and monochrome editions – $40-$50
- Power-Con – He-Man, She-Ra and ThunderCats fan convention at the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Internation Airport Hotel in Los Angeles, CA September 24th-25th
- BrickCon – Lego hobbyist event with tons of models on display at the Seattle Center in Seattle, WA October 1st & 2nd
- New York Comic Con – at the Javits Center in New York City, NY October 13th to 16th