9.13.11 – Episode 183 : Steve Toy
Show Notes – Tommy Williamson from PCHLUG joins us for Nanobots, B-Bot, Gold Life Series guest review, and much more! Pour some parmesan on your pasta and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- Custom Mummy Boy Contest – win a unique purple and silver Mummy Boy figure customized by D-Lux by visiting his sites dluxart.blogspot.com and dlux.bigcartel.com and post a short poem about any of his customs in the contest section on the forum! Deadline is October 19th
- Toy Break Poster – 11″ x 17″ poster featuring art by Charles Marsh (aka Monsterforge) – $5 + $2.50 shipping or $10 + $2.50 shipping for one signed by all four of us including Charles!
- Help Save Big Kev’s Geek Stuff! – as many of you already know, Big Kev’s Geek Stuff had a bit of a set back recently when all of their recording equipment was stolen, brining production of the show to a halt – they are getting together donations for an auction at the end of September to help get the show back up and running
- Street Fighter – by Kidrobot
- Nanoblocks – from Ohio Art Company – micro-sized building blocks from the “Sites To See” series
- B-BOT – by Tristan Eaton and Plastic City – this 6″ vinyl toy is based on Tristan’s popular iphone/ipad app – $60
- Huck Gee’s Gold Life Series – review by Ariella
- Vinyl Thoughts – one night custom vinyl toy show at The Quixotic World in Deep Ellum, TX on September 15th from 7 to 11 pm
- Power-Con – He-Man, She-Ra and ThunderCats fan convention at the Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Internation Airport Hotel in Los Angeles, CA September 24th-25th
- BrickCon – Lego hobbyist event with tons of models on display at the Seattle Center in Seattle, WA October 1st & 2nd