10.12.10 – Episode 140 : Studs On Studs
Show Notes – Join us at LEGO artist Brandon Griffith’s for the unveiling of a Back to the Future piece Ben commissioned plus much more! Add some extra onions to the chili and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- I Remember Halloween Contest – This contest is brought to you by Mini Cassette Tees! The winner will receive a limited edition poster as well as a very limited Motorbot custom figure. To enter, visit minicassettetees.com and post your favorite design or a suggestion for a design you would like to see in the contest section on the forum! – deadline is October 20th
- Oberth Colonist Contest – brought to you by Jimmy Foo – win one of two exclusive October Toys Oberth Colonists! To enter, simply post a reply in the contest section on the forum containing the following: Make a traveling companion for the Oberth Colonists. This can be a very simple sketch, a painting, a cardboard cutout, a 3D figure made out of pretty much anything, some digital editing of existing imagery….No great skills are needed for this just get the idea across in some way – deadline is October 12th
- Wild Grinder Contest Winner – win a SDCC exlusive Wild Grinder curtesy of Tracy Tubera, Rob Dyrdek, and Mattel! Thank you to everyone who participated!
- Visit with LEGO artist Brandon Griffith for the unveiling of the finished Back to the Future piece Ben commissioned as well as a look at some of Brandon’s other creations!
- In Living Kolor – live painting and art toy sale with Matt Walker and Mark Nagata at Design Festa Gallery in Tokyo, Japan on October 23rd
- A Day With Toy Break – join us November 5th to 6th as we will be broadcasting Toy Break live for 24 hours! We are in the process of trying to upgrade our equipment to process higher resolution video, but we need your help! Don’t miss this telethon style day of fun with us, random guests, call-ins, sleep deprivation, tons of toys, live auctions, and more surprises!
- Sweet + Evil – art, games, and toys at Geeks in Whittier, CA from Nov 6th to 28th
- DesignerCon – annual art and design convention that smashes together collectible toys and designer apparel with urban, underground and pop art at the Padadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA on November 20th