10.22.10 – Episode 141 : Dr. Shocker’s House of Horror!
Show Notes – We go on location with Daniel Roebuck at Dr. Shocker’s House of Horror to check out some vintage toys and much more! Find your favorite gelato and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- I Remember Halloween Contest – This contest is brought to you by Mini Cassette Tees! The winner will receive a limited edition poster as well as a very limited Motorbot custom figure. To enter, visit minicassettetees.com and post your favorite design or a suggestion for a design you would like to see in the contest section on the forum! – deadline is October 20th
- Oberth Colonist Contest Winners – Thank you so much to Jimmy Foo for making this contest happen and to everyone who participated!
- Dr. Shocker’s House of Horror – We were fortunate enough to catch up with Dr. Shocker himself (aka Daniel Roebuck) before his House of Horror closes and some of his collections, including an astonishing vintage toy section, find new homes.
- In Living Kolor – live painting and art toy sale with Matt Walker and Mark Nagata at Design Festa Gallery in Tokyo, Japan on October 23rd
- A Day With Toy Break – join us November 5th to 6th as we will be broadcasting Toy Break live for 24 hours! We are in the process of trying to upgrade our equipment to process higher resolution video, but we need your help! Don’t miss this telethon style day of fun with us, random guests, call-ins, sleep deprivation, tons of toys, live auctions, and more surprises!
- Sweet + Evil – art, games, and toys at Geeks in Whittier, CA from Nov 6th to 28th
- DesignerCon – annual art and design convention that smashes together collectible toys and designer apparel with urban, underground and pop art at the Padadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA on November 20th