10.5.10 – Episode 139 : Ben Me Over
Show Notes – We have a big show this week with Scruffies, Lard Lad, Twilight Zone Figures, Toxic Candies, and much more! Put some extra garlic on your pizza and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- I Remember Halloween Contest – This contest is brought to you by Mini Cassette Tees! The winner will receive a limited edition poster as well as a very limited Motorbot custom figure. To enter, visit minicassettetees.com and post your favorite design or a suggestion for a design you would like to see in the contest section on the forum! – deadline is October 20th
- Oberth Colonist Contest – brought to you by Jimmy Foo – win one of two exclusive October Toys Oberth Colonists! To enter, simply post a reply in the contest section on the forum containing the following: Make a traveling companion for the Oberth Colonists. This can be a very simple sketch, a painting, a cardboard cutout, a 3D figure made out of pretty much anything, some digital editing of existing imagery….No great skills are needed for this just get the idea across in some way – deadline is October 12th
- Wild Grinder Contest – win a SDCC exlusive Wild Grinder curtesy of Tracy Tubera and Rob Dyrdek! Just visit facebook.com/toybreak, “like” us if you haven’t already, and post who your favorite Wild Grinders character is on the wall – deadline is October 6th
- Super7 has moved to a new location Haight Street in San Francisco, CA! Join them for a Grand Opening party, Saturday, October 9th, featuring new apparel, toy releases, the debut of Tokyo Underground 2 and more!
- My First Autobahn – by Donkey Products – this printed road tape measures 2″ wide and 108′ long plus you get a Tesa car with every roll – $16
- San Diego Comic Con is staying in San Diego! At least through 2015.
- PixelBlox – by Zakane – George, Ayleen, and Ben PixelBlox are available now in the Goodies section and don’t forget to check out Zakane’s other PixelBlox creations at justusproduct.webs.com
- Scruffies – designer by Matt Martin – poly-cotton plush Star Wars characters – series 1 includes Wicket, Chewbacca, Jabba, and Wampa – set of 4 for $30
- Lard Lad – by Kidrobot – 6″ vinyl statue paying homage to Homer Simpson’s favorite donut haunt – $40
- 12″ Boba Fett Lamp – by Funko – also featuers clock and mp3 speaker – $50
- Twilight Zone Figures – by Bif Bang Pow – 8″ tall Gremlin and Jason Foster figures – $35
- Toxic Candies – by Stéphane Levallois & Artoyz – 4″ tall Sweety and Liquorice figures – $40
- New York Comic Con – at the Javits Center in New York City, NY from Oct 8th to 10th
- 15th Anniversary DIY Qee Celebration – group show featuring custom Qees at Dragatomi in Sacramento, CA from Oct 9th to Nov 6th
- In Living Kolor – live painting and art toy sale with Matt Walker and Mark Nagata at Design Festa Gallery in Tokyo, Japan on October 23rd
- A Day With Toy Break – join us November 5th to 6th as we will be broadcasting Toy Break live for 24 hours! We are in the process of trying to upgrade our equipment to process higher resolution video, but we need your help! Don’t miss this telethon style day of fun with us, random guests, call-ins, sleep deprivation, tons of toys, live auctions, and more surprises!
Cool Custom of the Week
- 1.21 Gigawatts – by Task One