7.20.09 – Episode 86 : Uncle Ben
Show Notes – This week we look at Totem Dopplegangers by Anton Ginzburg, Dragon Scout by Amanda Visell, resin figures from Overkill Creations, lots of SDCC news, and much more! Open an ice pop and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- Mono Smash Contest – brought to you by Tenacious Toys – limited to 150 pieces, $100 – draw your version of Smash and post it in the forum! – all skill levels welcome, winner will be chosen at random – deadline is August 5th
- Alex Pardee Signed Box Back – send us a post card! – deadline is August 1st
- Breaker Buildman – announcing our first ever Toy Break exclusive figure – the purple Breaker Buildman from Onell Design! This figure is limited to 150 pieces and is available exclusively from ToyBreak.com for $8
- Geekerdome.com – Toy Break is now available on Geekerdome.com, a new hub for geekcentric entertainment including podcasts, webcomics, and more!
- Toffee Dolls – by Huckleberry Toys – Series 1 Toffee dolls designed by Japanese designer Riri Fukuju will be available at SDCC booth 4449 and includes five 12″ dolls featuring 5 points of articulation plus summer convention exclusives Hellboy Fan (500 pcs), Jessica (300 pcs), and Witchiepoo (300 pcs), $150 each
- Obama – by Heroes In Action – 8″ migo style action figures
- Chris Ryniak at SDCC – two signings at the Rotofugi Booth #4930 – Saturday July 25 from Noon to 1:45 pm and Sunday July 26 at Noon – releases include The Lake Monsters Big Muscamoot Fire on the Water (SDCC) Version and Wonder Festival Summer 2009 Version both $60
- Bill the Yeti – by David Lanham & Strangekiss – available at SDCC booth 4637 – each version (Lanham, Kozik, and Mad) is limited to 250 pieces with print
- Kidrobot SDCC Exclusives – three exclusives this year including 8″ Fortune Dunny (1,000 pcs) & Lucky Dunny (200 pcs) by Shane Jessup each $75, 6″ Holy Roller FatCap by DEPH (1,200 green and 200 purple) for $75, and 5″ Wood Labbit (300 pcs) by Amanda Visell & Frank Kozik for $50
- DKE Con Exclusives – at Booth #4732 – Shawnimals Summer Ninja limited to 300 pieces for $18, Blue O-No Sushi by Andrew Bell limited to 150 pieces for $30, Zakkamono’s Miao and Mousubi GID Buff Monster Edition limited to 100 pieces for $80, Tcho! by Ohm Puro limited to 50 sets with 6 figures in the set for $15 each, Erick Scarecrows Soopa Maria Sandbox limited to 20 pieces for $100, Pearl Rainbowasaurus limited to 10 pieces for $375, DIY Mythos Buddies limite dto 100 pieces for $10, Mini Treeson Set limited to 50 sets for $20
- Totem Dopplegangers – by Anton Ginzburg & Kidrobot – stackable 3″ vinyl figures in three packs now available in black and pink (GID) – $20
- Dragon Scout – by Amanda Visell – 7″ green girl eater version limited to 600 pieces – $65
- Overkill Creations Resin Figures – by Overkill Creations – hand painted resin castings available at SDCC table M11 include Mr. SwordFish “Nobs” (40 pieces) for $20 – glow in the dark Ick Monster available in assorted colors for $13 – glow in the dark Black Star “Nobs” black version available at SDCC for $20 – Emoticons available in assorted colors for $13