9.23.08 – Episode 49 : Two Thirds
Show Notes – Join two thirds of us as we examine Heroes from Mezco, new Madls from Mad, dyeing toys with Rit dye, On Location with Gary Taxali, and more! Prepare your favorite ramen noodles (we like Oriental flavor) and kick back for a Toy Break with us!
* Are you playing Kingdom of Loathing yet? Why not? It’s free and awesome (like Toy Break).
Toy Break Stuff
- Purple Scavenger Contest – Win an exclusive Dragon Con purple Scavenger by Kathy Olivas just by heading over to the forum and posting a picture of yourself with your Scavenger collection! – deadline is October 1st
- Small Toy Break Download – just use the “small mp4” link above for a lower resolution, smaller version (320 x 240) of Toy Break at about half the size in megabytes
- Toy Break on Blip.tv – reminder to update your Flash player to fully enjoy watching Toy Break on Blip.tv!
- Funkrush Shirts – UK based shirt company with tons of great designs by your favorite artists plus you can save 20% with the discount code “TOYBREAK”
- ToyFare – issue #135
- OSK-2 – by Erick Scarecrow of ESC-Toy – coming November 2008
- Knitted Star Wars Characters – 4″ dolls/keychains just over $20 each
- Twilight Dolls – Tonner officially announced their upcoming line of Twilight dolls based on the movie due out this November
- Our Canadian correspondent Alex Hurter took a Toy Break with Gary Taxali at the Oh Oh! and Oh No! release party at Magic Pony in Toronto, Canada back in May. Gigantic thanks to Alex for taking the time to do this!
- Heroes Action Figures – by Mezco – Claire (from Toys R Us – $15) – Invisible Peter Petrelli (Wizard Exclusive limited to 1000 pieces – $30)
- 10″ Madl – by Mad & Solid – $50
- Madl Ninja – by Mad & ToyQube – ToyQube SDCC exclusive limited to 500 pieces – $35
- Star Wars The Exhibition – view Luismi Alonso’s huge collection of over 2,000 Star Wars pieces and toys at El Corte Ingles de Callao in Madrid, Spain from September 10 to October 19
- Noxious Fumes – group exhibition featuring works inspired by gasmasks by artists such as Doktor A, Kathie Olivas, Chet Zar, UNKL, and many more at Rivet Gallery in Columbus, OH from October 4 to 29
- Monster Art Rally – a frightening show of plush and custom vinyl creatures at Gallery 1988 in San Francisco, CA from October 10 to November 1
- We Need Each Other – works from over 40 Chicago urban artists including a 16′ by 5′ installation made up of 80 1′ by 1′ panels at OhNo!Doom in Chicago, IL from October 11 to November 11
- Choking Hazard – open custom MiniGwin show debuting at Winter Vinyl Toy Network in Pasadena December 6 & 7, 2008 and then touring indefinitely – get a MiniGwin today and get to work!