11.16.08 – Episode 55 : Two Years!
Show Notes – Celebrate our two year anniversary on our new set with Bleeplabs Thingamagoop, Mini Skullys by Urban Warfair, a new segment, some tasty beverages, and much more! Get your bottle opener, pop your cap, and help us usher in year three of Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- Combat-R Zero Super Set Contest – Win a set of all 5 Combat-R Zero figures from Atomic Mushroom Toys – a $200 value!! Just click over to our forums and post your favorite robot movie – deadline is December 3rd
- Tobor Contest – win your very own Tobor (#140) figure donated by our Canadian correspondant Al Hooter – frolick over to the forums and post a picture of you showing off your best robot dance pose! – deadline is November 19th
- Small Toy Break Download – just use the “small mp4” link above for a lower resolution, smaller version (320 x 240) of Toy Break at about half the size in megabytes
- Toy Break on Blip.tv – reminder to update your Flash player to fully enjoy watching Toy Break on Blip.tv!
- 20% Off at 3DRetro.com – use coupon code “TOYBREAK” at 3DRetro.com for 20% off your entire order!
- Arigatou gozaimasu, – Thank you for watching and posting George’s custom Kissaki!
- The Muppet Whatnot Workshop – build your own Muppet online, order it for $90, and receive it in 3-4 weeks
- Bank of America – by Bob Conge of Plaseebo – a unique cast urethane custom measuring 12″ by 6″ by 4.5″ with glass inset eyes, rubber baby bottle nipples and red glass heart with dump accessory
- Mono Smash – by Joe Ledbetter & Toy2R – final version of Smash limited to 150 pieces for $150 – debuting at the Winter Vinyl Toy Network, limit one per person
- Mini Skully – by Urban Warfair – 4″ vinyl figures, three designs including Skully Fruit (50 pieces, $25), OG Skully (100 pieces, $20), and Crazy8 Skully (88 pieces, $20) – black or white DIY versions $10
- 2.5″ Yoka – by Adfunture – 2 mini Yoka bears in Racing and Halloween editions – $15
- Plush Labbit – by Frank Kozik & Kidrobot – 7″ plush with either mustache or cigarette – $16
- Thingamagoop – by Bleeplabs – a simple, analog type synthesizer that you control in a different way – $120 – Delicious Drips exclusive Thingamablank with matte finish for customization and a mystery bag of different faces – $120
- R/C Pirate vs. Ninja – two 13″ inflatable remote controlled figures – $20
- Winter Vinyl Toy Network – at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena, CA on December 6th & 7th
- Choking Hazard – open custom MiniGwin show debuting at Winter Vinyl Toy Network in Pasadena December 6 & 7, 2008 and then touring indefinitely – grab a MiniGwin today and get to work!
Cool Custom of the Week
- Drilone – San Fransisco based graffiti artist, customizer, all around great guy