7.29.14 – Episode 317 : Pencil-vania!
Show Notes – Attaboy drops by with some incredible toys of yesteryear and much more! Pick up some BBQ and join us for a Toy Break!
Toy Break Stuff
- Staks Contest – win this Staks figure from Keir’s Eye by going to the contest section on the forum at ToyBreak.com and post your favorite sci-fi quote – deadline is July 30th
- Attaboy – artist, designer, and co-founder of Hi-Fructose Magazine – check out his YouTube show They Actually Made That and follow him on Twitter @YumFactory
Toy Break Mail
- Toy Art 2.0 – by Okedoki & Jeremy Brautman – hard cover, 290 full color pages, limited edition of 1,000 copies – $55
- Push – by Jay O’Leary – Kickstarter campaign for new psychedelic/sci-fi/horror/comedy comic
- Power Pencils – by Dan Bergstein – new pencils available every month
- TMNT Gashapon Figures – by Takara Tomy Arts – 2″ articulate capsule toys from Japan
- ‘Wired’ Skelevex & Micro Skelevex – by Chris Dobson aka alto & DMS – 3D printed figures from Shapeways – open edition available for $49.95 and $5.50
- Marvel Grab Zags – by Zag Toys
- Melody Mike – by Gabriel – approximately 6″ tall piano toy with musical teeth and motor from the 1970’s
- Unimal – by H.E. Babcock – five farm animals rolled into one figure from 1950
- Wacky Watermelon – by Cragstan – 1960’s pull toys with moving watermelon slice wings and eyes
- Kookie Kombo – by Marx – one man band 27″ wearable toy from the 1960’s