10.30.07 – Episode 13 : Toy Trove
Show Notes – This episode is jam packed with our biggest contest yet, Funkeys, Huck Gee’s Akuma Bomb, Medicom’s Jack Sparrow mini bust, Marvel Zombie action figures, the MegaGwin Show, Toys Kill, new magazines, lots of upcoming toy releases, a little Matt hate and more! Thanks for tuning in for Toy Break episode 13 and we hope you have a fantastic Halloween!
- Call Toy Break – call and leave us a message on the Toy Break hotline at 818-Am-I-Good (818-264-4663)
- Wheaty Wheat Contest Winners – The two lucky winners of a Mellow and a Cleabus, chosen by Rich Van Over of Wheaty Wheat, are nos4a2 and Jimmy! Thank you everyone for sending your pictures and thank you Wheaty Wheat for the fantastic prizes!
- New Contest – post a picture of yourself in a costume on the forum to win the 18″ Darkness on the Throne – a $250 value! Deadline is November 19, 2007.
- MegaGwin Show – at Alpha Cult in Long Beach, CA until November 7th – thank you to all of our artists and everyone who came to the show! Check out all the custom MegaGwins at www.gwinarmy.com/megagwinshow.php
- Clutter Issue 11 – SDCC with Triclops, Buffmonster, Luke Chueh, My Plastic Heart NYC, Star Wars Celebration Europe, cover art by Ashley Wood, and tons more! Only $10!
- Cereal Geek Issue 2 – magazine focusing on the animation of the eighties with tons of characters you know as you’ve never seen them before
- Computer Arts Projects October Issue – character design issue with cover and free mushroom toy by TADO and articles by Miranda O’Brien (from Clutter), Jack Muramatsu (from VinylPulse.com), and lots more!
- Qeester.com Closed – after 4 years, Qeester.com has closed it’s virtual doors – so long and thanks for all the Qees!
- Ringo Bear – by Joe Ledbetter & Wheaty Wheat – regular orange edition plus four variants available soon – exclusives include: Lava Ringo Bear at 5&A Dime, Polar Ringo Bear at MyPlasticHeart.com, Toxic Ringo Bear at 3DRetro.com, and Euro Ringo Bear at Artoys.com
- Halloween Tamo Contest – from CustomToyLab.com & Crazy Label – design a Halloween themed Tamo on the downloadable template and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on October 31, 2007 – 10 artists will each win 5 blank Tamo toys – basic rules: submit up to 3 designs, must be halloween related, file must be a .jpg at least 500 pixels wide
- Orbital Designer Toys – new vinyl toy store near Soho in London at 10-11 Moor Street, London W1D 5NH – telephone: 0207 4344507
- Coot – by Wilfrid Wood – 7″ of naked vinyl limited to 400 pieces – coming out in November for about $60
- Win a Mimobot – 1 out of every 24 blind boxed vinyl Vimobots is a Protobot1 which you can send into Mimico for a free Mimobot! Vimobots are only $7.95 each and available at many retailers including Urban Outfitters – also available from Mimico are Halo Mimobots, Happy Tree Friends Mimobots, and mimobot Core Series 2
- New Anna Chambers Plush – Sammy & Suzie are 14″ tall plush woodchucks limited to 400 pieces each for $29.99 – Anna is also having a poetry contest until Halloween at burgerlog.com and the winner will receive a stuffed Turd!
- Doktor A Kaniza – by Doktor A & Toyqube – 4″ tall with removable head, limited to 1000 pieces – will be about $20 each – Clothhead Mono version limited to 500 pieces exclusively at Rivet in Ohio
- Twisted X-mas Tales – by McFarlane – 6 figures available in November include Santa Claws, Mrs. Claws, Demented Elves, Jack Frost, Snowman, and Rabid Reindeer for $12.99 each
- 13 Days of Halloween Sale – at PaniksToyBox.com – the more you buy the more you save with coupon codes good until Halloween (visit site for codes!)
- Toys Kill – a visit to the Jim Koch exhibit at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood
- U.B. Funkeys – by Radica / Mattel – $21 for starter set, $5 for individual Funkeys – available at Target
- Marvel Zombie Action Figures – by Diamond Select Toys – Colonel America, Spider-Man, and Hulk – $17.99 each
- Akuma Bomb – by Huck Gee & Kid Robot – red “Danger” and grey “Skully’s Revenge” versions limited to 500 pieces each – $60
- Desktop Sofbi Super Mario – by Bandai – 12″ tall – two versions: red jumper with green mushroom or blue jumper with red mushroom – about $35
- Jack Sparrow Mini Bust – by Medicom – 12″ scale – around $90
- Hellboy 8″ Qee – by Dark Horse & Toy2R – 8″ tall vinyl, limited to 1,500 pieces, also available is a Tara McPherson variant – both $80 each
- Axis of Evil – by Maximo Tuja (editor) – 304 page paperback – $31.50 at Amazon.com
- Spit & Polish – Doktor A’s first solo show featuring, among other things, 13 new custom toy art pieces and three original ink drawings – at Cardboard Spaceship in Santa Cruz, CA from October 31 to November 31
- NineteenEightyFouria – new works by Shepard Fairey presented by StolenSpace at the Thurman Brewery in London from November 2 – 25; opening reception November 1st 6:30 – 9:30 pm
- Moody Idols – curated by Ted Stilson – custom Moodys (stylized cows) at Helen Christou Gallery at the University of Lethbridge Art Gallery in Canada from November 2 to January 11, 2008 – opening reception is Nov. 9 from 4-6 pm in Main Gallery
- Crybaby – works by Elizabeth Berdann at DDRProjects in Long Beach, CA from November 9 to December 14